Help Us Restore a Part of Estes Park History
The Stanley Home is a remarkable example of early 1900 Colonial Revival architecture in the United States. While the home is in remarkable condition, there is still much work to be done to restore the home to its original condition. See below for a list of restoration projects either in-process or on our wish list. Please consider sponsoring either a room or a project and join us in this historic effort!
The Stanley Home is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
- Front porch: repair/replace the deck - $8,000
- Grand staircase: restoration of the historic wallpaper due to water damage - $7,000
- Living room: repair the wallpaper in a few areas and paint, new window dressings - $2,000
- Dining room: minor drywall repair, new paint, new window dressings - $2,000
- FO's bedroom: repair the plaster, restore with period wallpaper, new window dressings - $5,000
- Flora’s bedroom: restore with period wallpaper, new window dressings - $5,000
- Guest bedroom: repair the plaster, restore with period wallpaper, new window dressings - $5,000
- Downstairs powder room: repair the plaster, restore with period wallpaper - $3,000
- Downstairs flooring: sand and refinish Fir flooring, including the grand staircase - $5,000
- Upstairs flooring: sand and refinish Fir flooring - $5,000
- Minnie's domestic quarters: remove wallpaper and beadboard, restore the door to the outside deck, restore with period wallpaper - $10,000
- Kitchen: remove elevator, redo electrical and plumbing, replace drywall, replace trim, add wainscoting, refinish or replace flooring - $20,000
- Flora's dressing room: remove modern bathroom fixtures and restore to period - $10,000
- Kitchen: replace the back stairway to the domestic quarters - $2,000
- Landscaping: purchase and plant native trees along the east border (includes irrigation) - $10,000
- Driveway: widen the existing driveway and pave handicapped parking area - $50,000
Your donation will help us secure the future of the Stanley Home Museum and Education Center, preserving one of Estes Park's most significant historic properties and supporting the educational goals of the museum. However you choose to donate, we thank you. Your contribution will help us continue our mission, and we are truly grateful for your support.